I did not ask my manager, so tonight I will be spending my countdown at the store.
In a few hours time Year 2006 will be over, and Year 2007 will be here. 2006 has been a very eventful year, with all the ALevels and what not. Definitely a major highlight of my life and an unforgettable one.
As a recap, let's see what I have done in the past year.
1) NOI. Well bronze was not exactly a good medal, but I guess I should count my lucky stars to get that.
2) My new @#$! computer! Its still being processed, but at least I'm sure it will come...one day. Besides the new computer which can finally replace my seven-year-old Pentium 3 450Mhz, there is also the LCD monitor which many others already for a few years.
3) VJC. Hectic and eventful, but overall, enjoyed the time there.
Hmm I see there are not much things to say. But the third point itself can be expanded to pages, like the college exams, the ALevels, iCOMP, Robotics Club, which I don't have time to elaborate. Haha.
I looked at my 2006 New Year resolution, and it is as below:
1) Get 4 As! (This actually also means keeping my 4 subjects =X)
2) NOI gold! (Abit far-fetched..but..)
3) Complete my senior's micromouse diagonal movement C program! (This will end in May haha)
4) Keep myself fit! (So I won't have to suffer in NS T.T)
5) Be more optimistic! (As i have sweared in my holistic report)
6) A new computer! (Wtf i have been wanting one since 2186986320462034671 years ago!)
7) To go out with my gay friends more often! (missed so many outings with them......)
8) To celebrate Chirstmas 2006 and New Year 2007 countdown somewhere outside! (I don't want to be left out anymore!)
9) World a better place! (Copied from G**'s blog haha)
10) Contribute something to society! (Not sure how yet..maybe CIP ba)
So,
1) Well I did manage to keep my four subjects against all odds, but I did not achieve any A haha. As for ALevels, I have to wait, but hopes are not high.
2) Nope no gold. Can only blame myself.
3) Haha attempted. But did not do anything in the end.
4) If keeping fit means passing napfa, then yes I am fit. Haha.
5) I am always quite optimistic, if not I would not have survived till today. But whether its more or not I don't know.
6) Considered done!
7) I did meet up with them quite a few times. Considered done ba!
8) Wtf I did end up spending Christmas 2006 countdown somewhere outside. And I will be spending New Year 2007 countdown somewhere outside. Have to consider it (unfortunately) done.
9) Sadly the world has become a worse place.
10) I was vague..I did not do any CIP, but as a consumer and a worker I guess I am contributing to society. Haha.
And now 2007 will be coming. Its different from the other years, because this new year, there are no more uniforms to wear, no more school to attend, no more cca to be busy about, no more exams to worry over, no more getting surrounded by four walls with many other people listening to one person talking.
This new year, words that come out from my mouth when I talk to friends are army jargon and work politics instead of physics terms, I am suddenly concerned about how much money is placed into my bank account every month, and to just to be able to see my friends' faces becomes a major challenge.
As for the resolution for the new year, I hope to
1) Get into army in one piece, and survive in it until the end of this year in one piece.
["Come out in one piece" is 2008's resolution haha]
2) Enough money to support my [slowly increasing] gaming expenses, with enough to support myself, and also enough for university expenses. [That sounds difficult.]
3) Learn something useful and thereafter, build up a portfolio perhaps. This is really difficult, given that I have not much time left. But I definitely need to do something if I want to have some form of a "bright future".
4) Keep my brain alive. [Two years inside the camps can apparently make people lose all forms of thinking skills.] I may restart solving programming problems.
5) Seriously, the world a better place.
6) Peace and health and happiness for everyone around me! Including myself haha.
Maybe I have more to add, but I can't think of any now, and I don't have all the time to think. So,
To everyone, friend or enemy or stranger,
Happy new year to all! May all wishes come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment