Yay.We have not paid yet...wonder if can pay tomorrow since its a public holiday. I hope payment can be done quickly so that I can get the computer asap. Apparently there is a shipment at the end of this year, don't know can rush out by then or not.
I can't wait! Any longer and I will go crazy. Haha.
This desktop comes with Windows XP Media Center Edition, and I can get a "free" upgrade to Vista Home Premium when it launches! Its not free because I have to pay for admin and shipping fees, costing about 30 bucks.
Yay!
Yesterday I was working halfway yesterday when my boss asked me if I can take the sunrise shift or not, meaning work all the way to the following morning. I agreed.
And what I have learnt that night is more than what I have learnt in the previous five days.
I was wrong about the sunrise shift being a slacking shift. The fact that there were few customers at night meant that I had to clean all the machines, sweep and mop the floor, write off the previous day's buns, puffs and newspapers, put in new buns and puffs, top up the cups and lids etc etc.
Well I was thrown into the sunrise shift without knowing what and how to go about doing all that. Luckily the boss brought in a guy from a nearby outlet. This guy was very experienced, knowing exactly what to do. He patiently showed me around and told me exactly what and when to do everything.
Provided that I still remembered what he said, I should be able to handle next week's three sunrise shifts. Sigh.
Working straight for 16 hours was really tiring, and I had no chance to rest during the early morning. When I finally went home I fell aslp for a moment on the bus while sms-ing a friend halfway. Haha. I woke up just as the bus stopped at my bus stop, with my handphone flip still open showing the half written message, and my ex-link card on the floor. I knocked out the moment I reached home, and had trouble understanding when my mother told me my brother fell and hurt his hand the previous night.
Back to my beloved Internet Service Provider, and the computer company it partnered with for the promotion. Both had already received a slew of complaints about the slow progress of the computer company calling up the Internet subscribers about retrieving the computers. Now both are in the limelight for apparently, cheating.
Well on the promotion posters and advertisements it was said that a subscription to the Internet service comes with a laptop that has "Intel Centrino Core Duo Mobile Technology".
For those who don't know, Centrino does not refer to a processor, but instead to a technology. To be named "Centrino", a laptop must have a particular combination of 1) an Intel processor, 2) an Intel chipset, and 3) an Intel wireless LAN card. All three, when added together, will result in the saving of power, or rather, extended battery life.
Although the "free" laptop is termed as a Centrino in the posters, those who got the laptop realised that the WLAN card is not from Intel, but from Broadcom.
Sounds like a small case huh? (just a lan card ma) Haha but some are saying that that results in no power saving features, resulting in a shorter battery life.
The computer company says its the ISP's fault, who made an error in promoting the laptop. But I was wondering the company never realised the mistake although it was hung for one month.
As if they do not have enough complaints yet, they have terminated the promotion due to overwhelming response, about two weeks from the original date. Now people complain that they do not stay true to their word.
What to do? This is Singapore ma.
No comments:
Post a Comment