Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Today was not bad! For quite a few reasons.

First reason, I am getting used to the cashier-ing machine le. I find that PLUs are not really required, because almost everything is inside the machine, with the exception of some puffs and pies (and the Red Bull, and the single tissue box) that die die require those numbers. And I still need to consult the others to differentiate the pies from the puffs. The baos not much problem liaox.

Second reason, payment by NETS and ez-link cards and topping up of CashCards arent too difficult I realise today. But I am still very slow because I scared press wrongly, so need more time to get used to it. I still cannot remember the exact procedures.

Third reason, the friend I mentioned yesterday was with me today! Not exactly the same shift, but at least for most of the time. Then I got to know another friend slightly better. So both helped me out throughout the day.

Fourth reason, my father was going home just as my work was over. So instead on waiting for the bus at the lonely stop, I was home in less than half an hour.

Fifth and main reason, the boss goes off at 5pm! Any work without the boss around is good. Haha. There was a peak period in the evening when many people got off from work, but around 8pm the crowd disappeared, so no customers + no boss = relax! Heh.

Today I had my first experience with stocking up goods. Stocks come in on three of the days in a week, so where the stocks come we have to squeeze them in the storeroom at the back. And the storeroom is really small and the stocks are really plenty in numbers. Its a difficult task itself trying to find space to squeeze everything in.

For the next consecutive four days I will be working the "swing" shift (wtf. Yesterday roster wrote my Saturday was a day off. Today I went to check it became swing liaox. Because I only started working yesterday [a Tuesday], the day before it, the Monday, became my day off. They sure know how to take advantage >.<). The "swing" shift will stretch all the way to late night, so hopefully there will be no one around. My job will be very simple then!

Tomorrow will be a good day. Because my friend will be on the same shift as me tomorrow. So with a friend around, work will be easier. Haha.

But hor, stretch into late night will mean I have to miss many television programmes leh. News, Feng Yun, and Project Superstar all cannot watch! And I prefer to be online at night rather than in the day...

One bad thing is that I almost have to stand the whole day. At the end of the day my legs feel like giving way. =(

Well hopefully soon I will get used to things. One thing I need to work on is the lunchtime peak hour. That's when there are many people queuing in front of me and my boss sitting behind me.

Still, handling money that does not belong to me is dangerous, and gives me the shutters.

Keep your encouragements coming in ok! Haha.

No comments: