Thursday, December 28, 2006

Yesterday:
Status: Order pending payment acknowledgement / order confirmation

Today:
Status: Order is being processed

YESSS!

Hopefully they can get all these done as soon as possible so I can get my computer as early as possible! I have been checking the website so frequently that I have already memorised the order ID, in the form of 15 alpha-numeric characters.

When I went online today the whole computer was very sluggish and slow, and I could not access any blogs and hotmail. I thought it was a problem with my computer, so I thought of going to Google. Even Google was not accessible!

It was when I headed over to the forums that I realised I was not alone.

It cannot come at a worse time. Today was supposed to be the day the speed "upgrades" of my ISP's plans kick into place. But now that this has occurred, it seems like the speed upgrades has not made much of a difference.

Still,

=D

Anyway while the problem has been solved, it has very well revealed our vulnerability resulting from our over dependence on technology.

With a change in roster, Friday will become my first time doing the morning shift. Personally I prefer working in the morning and knocking off in the afternoon, because that is a more normal working time, and I have more time to do all the things I want to, and of course able to watch all the television programmes which I will otherwise miss. But working at that time means the boss will be around, and it can get stressful working under her eyes.

I am getting quite sian of working everyday. Really very monotonous. Yet at the same time, in my heart there is that bit of excitement over that bit of money that will be channeled into my bank account soon. I seem to be becoming one of those lifeless, work-for-money-only, inspiration-less souls out there we see on Shenton Way every morning. I dislike that, but the temptation of money is becoming a little to great to resist. Heh.

I should start some serious work soon. There are only four months left.

No comments: