Edit: I made a mistake and I lost my original template. Its late now, so I stick with this first.
I am back.
Never blogged anything lately because nothing exciting has happened in the past few weeks. Except that I am seriously getting mad at HP because they still have not called me, even though Laghub's (haha) contract said that someone from HP will call within two weeks.
Its a long process you know? After that someone has called to confirm my upgrade options (which is not fantastic in the first place), I need to pay via SAM or SingPost (for my poor family do not have credit card), which will take three working days (Monday to Friday only!) to process. After HP has ensured that the money is safely in her pockets, they will then give the green light to build the computer (which I read is in China). So it will take 14-18 days to build and ship the computer to our glorious multi-racial multi-religious motherland. Of course they don't ship computers one by one, they do it in batches.
I have started working.
I don't really like my new job actually. Because I have to interact with people. Because I have to memorise the PLUs (I don't know what the hell it stands for) of stuff that cannot be scanned, like all those pies and puffs and whatever. Because of the whole chunk of procedures. But the main reason is because I have to handle money, which is very dangerous, especially when the money is not mine.
My first day was alright, because I got to know a fellow guy, working during his break after his O Lvls. He made my day better for showing me around and assisting me. But tomorrow we are having different shifts. So Buddha knows who I will be meeting tomorrow.
I still have more procedures to learn, the whatever nets and cashcard payment and top-up systems, the whatever stock taking etc etc etc etc.
I'm suffering!
If not for the money (which is not attractive by the way, but I need money for more RAM and a LCD monitor, and possibly a better graphics card and more fans, which may require a power supply box of a higher wattage!) I would have quitted!
Nah just joking. Maybe I'm just not used to the environment yet, as I have always felt during all the orientations I have attended in my life. Hopefully things will change for the better soon. Please encourage me ok! Both smses and tags are welcome. Give me the strength to go on!
One of my friends who is already in NS smsed me today. Apparently he is enjoying life inside ( at least he is giving me that impression haha). The first two weeks are, according to what he was told, good. So the torture only comes from the third week onwards. They did not do much today because it rained the whole day.
This holidays is very unlike the other holidays, because this holidays marked the end of our journey to gain knowledge. Some have went for long holidays, some have started working, some have went on to NS, some are waiting to enter NS. Soon, all the friends who have previously fought alongside with me will all go their separate ways.
Just like the toast given to the knights and soldiers after they came back from battle, I have so far went for two gatherings, one with my computing friends, one with my secondary school friends. I have another one tomorrow with another bunch of secondary school friends, but I am unable to meet them.
Thats all for now. Be back another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment