Tuesday, July 18, 2006

While everyone is "happily" studying in school, I'm stuck at home having a one-day affair with this machine.

The cuff is tightly wrapped around my left arm, with two cables, one a data cable and the other an air tube, running to a machine slightly bigger and much thicker than my Zen, resting in a pouch specially built for it.

At first it was still alright, but now the cuff around my arm and its every-half-an-hour squeeze is beginning to make me very uncomfortable. I can't bend my left arm well because of the cuff, and I have to carry this thing with me everywhere I went. As if its not enough, I have to record down what I'm doing every half an hour, on a piece of paper provided.

Actually this whole monitoring thingy looks like some stalker to find out what I exactly do in my life everyday. The recording diary is one thing, but that machine measures my blood pressure so frequently, they will know if I surf porn ogle at girls think of sex get excited. Luckily the World Cup and common test and returning of papers are all over.

Then I realise that actually I can bathe, stripping the thing off and putting it back during the half-an-hour interval. But the cuff doesn't look easy to put on, so I shall decide later.

The machine just took one reading. I don't understand what the rest of the values meant, but the "pulse" reads "65 bpm". Yay.

No comments: