I hate Germany. For killing my favourite team.
I have experienced at least two other penalty shootouts up till this day. The very first was during my primary school days where there was a little inter-class soccer competition organised by the PE department after the PSLE. My class lost in the 3rd-4th placing match because of the penalty shootout.
The second one was the VJC-MJC match last year.
Penalty shootouts are fun to watch only if one is not at all related to either team. Otherwise, they are powerful enough to give heart attacks.
Finally the common tests are over. The only paper which I knew what I was writing was computing. I should be able to pass Maths, although maybe just a passing mark. Physics wasn't too good, and I am going to continue my record of not passing Chemistry. Haix.
The end of this common test was much more anticipated by me, because I can finally watch World Cup matches without worrying about studies, or at least while I am watching.
While the rest of the world can indulge themselves in men and soccer balls and tutorials and lecture notes, the poor computing students will be starting their third coursework next week, for me, right on the very first day when I return to school. This 12-hour coursework will be carrying the heaviest weightage, and the last time I touched OOP was about 2 months ago.

This picture was taken using my hp. Haha. I borrowed a bluetooth adapter from my friend (I seem to have borrowed many things from him) and tried hooking up my hp to Fedora Core last night. Gnome has bluetooth packages which allow me to communicate with my hp quite easily. The bad thing is there's no GUI, so i have to type the commands out in the terminal.
That was last night.
A tutorial I read on the Net recommended an application called ObexFTP, which supposedly "allows filesystem browsing as well as automating complete backups of your files" in my hp. But I had trouble installing it so I gave up halfway.
Then this morning when I woke up, I decided to try connecting again. But hell I couldn't get the obex server working. So now while the computer and hp can see each other, they cannot connect up to each other. I think its because my failed attempt at trying to install that ObexFTP screwed up the entire thing.
I think my computer is in one big mess after I did so many things to it. But I have not yet understood the Linux filesystem, so I don't know how to go about clearing the rubbish. I am tempted to format my entire computer. Heh.
To say the truth sometimes I do get tired fiddling around Linux. Being a new user it is rather frustrating whenever I run into problems and there's no one I can turn to for help. Tutorials, both online and print, are too difficult to understand because usually users of Linux are already very knowledgeable in Unix, and computer science in general. Following online tutorials step-by-step to set up a printer or bluetooth support without understanding what I'm doing is just not my style. I seem to have dived into the ocean without learning how to swim yet. Yes, Linux (or rather, Unix) is as huge as the ocean.
From Starhub's Terms and Conditions:
9. Use in a Network Environment
a. You must not use or permit the use of the Service for the purposes of providing or operating any server services (including but not limited to HTTP/web, SMTP/mail and FTP/file transfer services).
=(
Actually I already sort of know that I'm not allowed to set up my own server, this being a home subscription plan after all. Still, the truth hurts. Haha.

Fedora Core comes with a whole range of packages that allow users to set up servers, and I wanted to try it, but...
So I have to continue to stick with Blogger, until I find some way of getting around this problem. Actually I still have an FTP account here, which I have not touched for a long time, but its rather restricted, this being a school server after all.
Today is 1st July! Starhub officially upgraded its Maxonline 2000 service to 4000, although I think some trial runs had been done over the holidays. There is a very slight increase in download speeds when I used it this morning, but because my computer is slow in drawing up the graphics, I don't end up browsing the Net faster. I think the increase only made my buffer being filled up faster. Haha.
I. Need. A. Bloody. New. Comp. Pu. Ter.
My father seems convinced that the house needs a new one. But he wants good reasons to justify. Even after telling him that I will be using my own bucks to pay. I cannot tell him I want one so that I can whack those pixels on the screen, because he (and I) know very well that my A Levels are coming (f* the alevels!). I haven't thought of a good reason.
A class chalet is coming up! My crazy class is going to have a 2day1night chalet starting from tomorrow, perhaps as a little pit stop before we throw ourselves into another "exciting" term.
I wonder if anyone will read each and every single word that I typed here. I don'y know why, but I can comfortably read my friends' blogs without problems, but I get sick when I see my own blog with chunks of words tighly squashed together. Maybe I should try another font.
No comments:
Post a Comment