Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Today was iCOMP farewell!

Actually I missed out much of it, because I was attending a engineering talk, so I was only in time for a cup of coke, a CD the juniors made for all the seniors, and a photo with the lab technicians.

iCOMP has been a very enjoyable time for me, definitely one of the greatest highlights during my two years in VJC. iCOMP was the place I relaxed after a hard day of work (even better than the student lounge!), the place that brought me laughter in the midst of the stress, the place where I made whacky friends. iCOMP indirectly allowed me to hang out in the lab technician room with the lab technicians, something which not many in school can do. How many people have heard the usually reserved lab techs sing with a guitar?

On the other hand, I regret that I did not contribute much to iCOMP. People think I am a dedicated member, turning up for every meeting every Wednesday. However, turning up for every meeting and not doing anything is the same as not turning up at all. In the past year and a half, the only major project I did was the Director package I created for the current affairs quiz. Otherwise, all I have done were just helping out with some simple filming of some concerts, and capturing them onto CDs.

I didn't do much.

As the seniors step down from iCOMP, the unique name that everyone know will be going down with us too, as the CCA changes its name to Infocomm Club. After my sec1/sec2 time in AHS Computer Club, this past year of iCOMP will be my next best memories of CCA.

No comments: