[EDIT]
Tachycardia is what they wrote in my medical status report. It sounds dangerous. Haha.
Surfing through Wikipedia I read that caffeine indirectly causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and blood flow to muscles. Then I remembered that on both occassions I had downed one cup (the first time) and one can (today) of coffee before making my way there. Could it be the cause?
[END OF EDIT]
My heart rate is still high.
My appointment was 8.30am, but I only went there after school at about 1pm so that I can do my napfa re-test(silver!) and computing coursework(I am stuck =( ).
During the test they asked me to try and take a nap, even switching off half the lights and playing music (I heard My Heart Will Go On, among others) for me. But people who have been there will know that its impossible to do so. At least for me.
Apparently it was abit of a mistake to do my 2.4k run before the ECG according to the MOs there, but I don't think it affected me because I didn't do any exercise the first time I went there. Besides this time round I had a five-hour rest.
They think that a one-min ECG test is not enough, and a half-an-hour test is not enough, so they decided to make it a twenty-four hour one.
In comes a 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring, or ABP, for short.
Some small machine will be attached to my body, along with some cuff and rubber tubing (the machine got pouch somemore), and I go home, returning it the following day. (I read interpreted it wrongly at first; I thought I have to sleep there. Haha.)
The brochure they gave me went to the extent of comparing it to a pen in a picture, just to show how small it is. But I guess it should be really small. Because my mother just told me my brother had one recently too, and I didn't even know that!
The only bad thing is I have to skip school for two days, and I can't bathe.
Next Tuesday will be the day I have a machine and its wires molesting my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment