This is one of the greatest shocks (or rather, surprises) I got in recent days. I was expecting a just-pass for it when the teacher gave back the papers this morning. This is the best maths results I had since year1 mid years (I got 41/50 in a common test in the first 3 months) ! Haha.
After flipping through the results I realise that I could have gotten 73 (an A!), if I had replaced 2 minus signs with 2 plus signs (2marks!), finished up the working for one question (2marks!), and realise that my answers for a part 2 of a question could be taken from part 1 (2 marks! I didn't realise the 2 parts were linked =( ). It could have even went up to 75 if I had not rounded off my answers for one question and used exact fractions instead of decimals for another question.
It could even have gone up to 78 if I had not read "occur more than 4 times" wrongly and written P(x>=4). That would have made me one of the highest in class!!!! I think.
Then again, I shouldn't harp too much on all the "could have", because if I really "could have" then I would already have gotten better marks. I can't turn back time, so I shall accept it.
Currently this B grade is the highest grade I got since the Year1 mid year (my A for computing..... =( ), beating my previous highest of the two C grades during the March common tests. Not to say I'm satisfied with my marks, but I'm happy. Haha.
While I'm quite sure I won't be doing well for physics and chemistry, I'm still staying optimistic, Even if the average chem mcq mark was 14/30. Hoping at least a pass in both. Heh. I do hope those chunks of stuff I wrote for computing will get me a good score. I want an A! At least a B!
Besides surprising myself the 67 was also high enough to surprise some of my friends, who went "Even QW can score so well, why can't you?!?". Hahahahahahahaha.
This 67 was powerful enough to keep me awake throughout the day, despite having only 3-4 hours of sleep because of last night's World Cup match. I collapsed only at the end of the day, during computing lecture. Ha.
I wonder if people will think I'm crazy, getting all hyped up over a 67, when others are worrying over not getting A or 90/100 or something.
I need to mug!
Speaking of World Cup, last night's Portugal vs France wasn't exactly exciting. In fact I fell asleep and missed the penalty kick, waking up in time to watch the replay only. The only exciting moments were only in the last minutes of the match where Portugal were desperate for a goal. Otherwise the match was no kick (pun!)
Today the house comm people went up on stage to announce that the final match next Monday will be screened in college live. I have not decided if I want to go to school and watch. I prefer the college letting us to go sch later that day. =(
After this I shall take a nap, before preparing for tomorrow's coursework.
Last but not least, godly download speeds!
No comments:
Post a Comment