Yesterday was my last day at work! Finally!
After three months of endless slogging and another 1 week plus of dragging, I finally worked for the last time at that store yesterday afternoon.
As if heaven is out to play me, the manager was transferred to another store and a new manager, the one ofrom the store at the nearby MRT station, was transferred here. Apparently she is much better than the one who left. I only had a few hours of interaction with her, so I could not pass any judgement.
The new manager actually asked me to work another day today, because there is a shortage of staff. I went to the schedule to check; oh the one doing the morning shift took a day off today, perhaps to take advantage of the fact that there is a new guy working. After some consideration I still decided not to. Seriously had enough. Besides the multi-tasking auntie colleague is back today, so should be no problem.
There was no farewell or whatsoever yesterday. The most was a simple "Take care ah!" from the old auntie who took over me for the overnight shift.
[To sidetrack a little, it turned out that the old auntie did not turn up on Friday because she went off to Malacca; a close relative was sick and admitted into ICU etc. Well I was never angry with her; she's a very nice person. I was angry with the manager for not having enough staff on hand to handle last minute situations. There was supposed to be two person doing overnight, not one.]
I have learnt quite alot during my three months of work; that will be one post by itself.
Yesterday afternoon my mother called me asking if I have any friends in Taiwan. Immediately I know why she asked that. My Vista is here!
Having read the forums [again] I knew what to expect; a postman turning up at my house to pass a parcel that comes from Taiwan, which consists of a big brown envelope holding two discs inside.
I have not decided when to install Vista. Most probably at a later time.
No comments:
Post a Comment