The first thing we did when my friends and I reached college was to rush to the noticeboards outside the office that list all the students with 3 and 4 As, together with the statistics.
Looked through one time, my name was not there. Looked through second time, my name was not there. Looked through third time, my name was not there. Looked through fourth time, my name was not there. Looked through fifth time, my name was not there. Give up.
Smsed my computing teacher to ask her to tell me my results. She replied asking me to predict my results first before she tell me. Smsed her 'abcc?'
She replied with my results in four alphabets, along with a "but ur gp good'. Replied to ask her which subjects the alphabets corresponded to, and what my GP grade was. She kept me in suspense, asking me to find her to find out.
Impatient me ran around the entire school before finding her in the hall.
A - Mathematics
B - Computing
C - Physics
D - Chemistry
GP - A2
Results wise, I found myself rather okay with it. Not exactly a good one, given that I was surrounded with people with 3 and 4 As, with distinctions in S Papers. But perhaps because I had worse results in my past two years, my A level grades looked good.
Subject wise, when I first saw my teacher's sms that I got abcd, my initial guess was A for Computing and B for Mathematics. However I got the opposite which left me a little surprised. I had expected myself to do better in Computing than Mathematics. Surprise then turned to slight disappointment because I had really wanted an A for Computing.
I also expected a C for Chemistry, because of the relatively easy paper. The truth was otherwise; maybe that goes to show that even my foundation was weak.
GP was definitely a pleasant surprise.
A Levels was my best set of results during my two years in college, with an improvement (from Prelims) in 2 grades each for Physics, Chemistry and Computing, 3 grades for GP and 4 grades for Mathematics. It also marked the first time I passed every single subject in the examinations. End result wasn't impressive, but decent enough I guess. Of course I would be lying if I say there was no disappointment at all, but as 阿信 says it best, 知足的快乐叫我忍受心痛. Haha.
Receiving my results slip has definitely removed a heavy burden from my shoulders. Unlike others who were worried they could not get perfect distinctions, I was worried I could not even get into university.
Coming home to see the letter from NUS carrying my admission PIN number gave me a big sigh of relief, now that everything has fallen into place.
Now that another phase of my life has finally come to a close, I will soon start a new chapter of my life, by tendering my resignation, applying for university studies, perhaps applying for scholarship as well, and National Service.
Heaven knows what is in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment