Weekends are busy times for those national slaves as they try to make the most out of their short two-day civilian lives.
Weekends are also busy times for people who have national slaves as friends, as they try to make the most of their friends' short two-day civilian lives.
An example is me. Nowadays every weekend of mine is spent rushing home after work to meet one of my friends online for gaming. As more friends get enlisted, I have more friends to meet up with.
Last weekend was the first book-out for most of those in the January batch, in addition to the usual book-outs for those already inside long ago. So I spent Saturday gaming with one till the wee hours, then woke up the following morning to rush down and meet more friends. That is after I had swapped my shift with a colleague (I was supposed to do the morning shift that day), and skipping an appointment with my class, who were meeting up for the same reason, to see the bald talking about army life.
All these actually tire me out, because I still have to report for work before/after those meetings. Bo bian ma, if dun meet with friends, later they angry, don't friend me. Such is the price for being a good friend.
Hahaha. Just kidding. I prefer being tired but happy rather than full of energy but lonely.
This world is a very small world. One of my long time good friend is actually in the same section as my JC classmate.
Weekdays are lonely days.
Work has been okay in the past few days. Nothing much happened, although "office" politics are slowly showing up clearly in my workplace. Accusations, Tyrancy, Bootlicking, Backstabbing, etc.
A photo showing the woman who got into so much trouble (that fake voucher lor) came, but that photo did not help at all. To quote my friend: wah u mean its a human in the photo?
Tomorrow is a much-needed off-day for me, although I have not decided how to spend tomorrow. After tomorrow, its work all the day until Sunday. Because next week's schedule is not out yet.
I am tempted to do one, or both of the following:
1) Request for shorter working days per week, perhaps max 5 days a week with two resting days. (If I'm not wrong this week I am the only one who works six days among the part-time staff there.)
2) Quit earlier, from the original End-of-March to somewhere in mid March. Or even End of Feburary.
But both will result in me getting less pay, which my house is kind of short of now. There is also the list of the luxuries that I want leh. Top on my list is a piece of 1GB RAM, which cost ~$130 now.
No comments:
Post a Comment