Its damn frustrating when I am one step away from getting Vista but could not because I do not have a credit card. I wonder why credit card payment is the only mode available.
As mentioned earlier, my computer is eligible for a "free" upgrade to Vista, needing to pay only for the shipping charges (which cost $29.99 for me). But I am still at square one because I am from a poor family.
Vista is no great operating system actually, which I found out after reading this and this. (It doesn't matter if you don't understand what its saying, I don't either.)
Besides those above, there are also issues like hardware requirements and the use of DX10.
Of course there are always teething problems when an operating system is launched, just like what happened when XP was first launched.
As for me, the main reason why I want to get Vista asap is solely due to the fact that it is cheap (The retail version of Home Premium upgrade cost $200+! The Ultimate cost $600+!!) But I have not decided if I want to install it after I get it. Maybe I will wait until it becomes more stable. It affects me greatly because I don't know if the software I use can work in Vista or not, like utorrent (heh), hamachi (gateway to fun!), DAEMON Tools (heh), all my games, avast, adaware, among others.
I need a bloody credit card now!
No comments:
Post a Comment