Saturday, February 10, 2007

What a week!

Earlier on I was complaining how my work schedule for this week sucked because I had to work six days a week, all in the afternoon shift, with only a day off on Wednesday (which I requested because I had to go back to college to help my juniors).

The reason behind my packed schedule is due to the fact that the store, already short of "store assistants", was facing a crisis as the three Olvls kids, together with another guy, were all quitting soon. There wasn't enough people to cover them.

Anyway, unable to take it, I got my brother to stand in for me on Tuesday, thus having another day of break for me to play my Need For Speed: Carbon.

I went to bed on Wednesday night feeling very sian, because of my next four working days. But I woke up with a sms from manager asking me to work the overnight shift instead, and going an additional two hours earlier, effectively meaning I work 10 hours.

So I worked the overnight shift yesterday. Initially I thought i was going to work alone, until someone from a nearby store came and helped me out. She was great, doing all the washing and cleaning, which I hated. Haha.

Then I realise that my original schedule for today was to work in the afternoon, starting from 3pm. But with my overnight shift ending at 7am this morning, it is impossible for me to start work at 3pm again. So I smsed my manager, and was delighted when she replied today is off for me.

At around 6.15pm today, while I was sitting at the sofa waiting for news to come, I got call from manager, asking me to go to work immediately, from 7pm to 11pm. So poor me rushed down.

A new schedule was out, and it stated that I have an off day tomorrow. Looking through I think the off day tomorrow is assured, since one colleague has just been promoted to a full time staff, so she has to work 6days/week now.

Anyway I just hope I will not receive any call from her tomorrow to go down immediately.

Next week's schedule is already out, and because two of the four guys leaving are the ones who usually work the overnight shift, so now that they are leaving, I am assigned to the overnight shift for four days in a row. >.<

As mentioned, I went back to college on Wednesday, to help teach my grand juniors in something which my juniors doesn't know, at the same time assisting them in their organising of ViCOMP 2007. Nothing much changed, except that most computers are now using LCD monitors.

I'm tired.

No comments: