Thursday, January 11, 2007

What can be more important than blogging my new computer? The new computer itself! Haha.

Woke up early on Tuesday morning and went down with my father to this uber ulu warehouse in Jurong to pick up the computer. There was quite a few people there, but processing was fast; in 15 minutes the PC was already in my hands.

Went home, unpacked, and set up the new computer immediately. I have read enough to know what to expect.

The first thing I did was to delete the thirty HP 30-day-trial games that came with it. Because I don't like it taking up my hard disk space.



I also deleted the Norton Internet Security, because it can only be used for 60 days before renew-ing is required. I have heard alot of how Norton products love to crash computers. Being a support for free software, I downloaded avast. Haha.

I was tempted to delete all the HP-Compaq related software, but I decided to leave them there for a while.

Changed the background too.



After using Linux for the past few months, I am now back using Windows. I downloaded IE7 and Live Messenger. Both are ok, although IE7 is not much different from Firefox.

Last, GAMES!

So far I have only installed one game - Command and Conquer Generals. Tested in on a full-blown 1024x768 High details, and there is a very slight lag. Ran it at 800x600 and it was smooth. Have been playing that since. Haha.

Of course playing with/against the AI will not be enough to stop me from blogging. I have download Hamachi, a LAN-over-Internet application. With this I can play with my friends, which is what I have been doing the past 2 days, besides working. Haha.

Have not tried the other games, because I have not thought of how to bring those 4GB g@m3 150s (heh) from the old comp to the new one.

Will post up some pictures next time, I'm lazy to install the Bluetooth dongle now. Haha.

No comments: