Was happily playing Company of Heroes when my computer suddenly closed everything and shut down. Did save the game when I first "secured the town square", but all my "advances towards the coastal batteries" were gone. Also missed out what my friend told me on MSN before he went off.
Signs of overheating. Haha.
My life in recent days is either work or computer games.
Encountered an incident today. There was this serial thief, whom my very experienced colleague, an auntie in her forties, has taken note of for a very long time. The thief, herself an aged elderly, knew very well that the auntie knew she was a thief, and thus knew when to strike. The thief reappeared today, where only the auntie colleague and I were the staff in the store. The auntie colleague had already seen her from afar, and had told me to keep a lookout for her. I was taking a break at that time, waiting for my sandwich in the oven, while she manned the counter.
Just at the moment when my auntie colleague was busy with a customer, I saw it happening. The thief, doing what she had done like before, grabbed a loaf of bread with skill and agility and immediately walked out from the side door, all happening within a split second. I dumped my sandwich (gently, I still wanna eat that!) on a shelf and ran out chasing after her.
I stopped her and politely (you know my character) told her she had not paid for the bread. She acted as if nothing happened and asked how much it cost. I told her to go to the counter and pay, and then she returned me ther bread and said she don't want it anymore, and walked off.
Perhaps having lived under a sheltered environment for so many years, this is one of the first, if not the first, times I actually witnessed a theft, and definitely the first time in my life that I had to intervene in a crime. At that time what ran through my mind was that the thief was a bad woman because she stole, and should be locked up in jail and kept away for many many years. After a while I questioned the reason behind her theft. Perhaps she was too poor to pay for food so she had to steal?
That I may never know. For now the instruction I am told to follow is to catch all thieves and hand them over to the police if required.
Today was an exhausting day. Besides the above mentioned incident that actually wore me quite abit mentally, stocks came in today, with boxes and boxes of Pokka bottles making up the majority. Then there was an unusually high traffic flow today.
I am seriously getting very sick and tired of working. Everyday is a torture. I guess the cash register is the main problem, for fear of getting into trouble. But other factors like customers in bad mood, colleagues in bad mood, and the fact that it is eating up all my time, makes me dread every new day.
I'm tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment