Friday, January 19, 2007

I realise that as one joins the working world, one has to shoulder heavy responsibilities like an adult, regardless of one's age.

My hope to just peacefully earn some money before going off to become a slave of the nation has been dashed completely. As if being a "nice thief-catcher" -.-'' is not enough, now I have to assist in upholding justice.

A couple of weeks back when I was the cashier in the store, a customer came to purchase things and used a voucher given by the company. As I did not know how to process it, I called my manager to help me with it.

Later we were told by HQ that the voucher was actually a fake, and insisted that a police report be made. So today me and manager went down to the police station to make a report.

As the saying goes, 生不入棺材,死不入地狱。I was reluctant to go, but manager said to go with her, so bo bian.

Turned out that at the police station I was the one who made the report, the one who left my contacts, the one who showed my IC. She? Sat there just waiting to rush off for her meeting so that she would have a place to sit.

And so now I got myself into such big shit. The person in charge was busy elsewhere, so the policeman who attended to us told us that if we are needed to assist they would call us. And the number left there was my handphone number.

I am not mad at the report making itself. I am okay with giving my account so as to help the police catch the culprit, who apparently had struck in other places before. What I am mad is the manager is not doing what she is supposed to do. Isn't the manager supposed to help me, the tiny store assistant? Shouldn't the report be in her name instead of mine? Shouldn't she be calling the shots?

I'm just a bloody temporary assistant! She is the store MANAGER! wtf.

I guess the ultimate was that when we left the station, I told her that if I am called to go down for questioning I would want her to come with me. Her reply was that she don't want the trouble and asked me to go myself.

That was itself a mental toture, and I was not in any mood to work for the rest of the day.

Well rightfully speaking I hope the culprit will be caught soon, so that there is one less cheat in Singapore. On the other hand I have the selfish thought that that person will never be caught so that I would never have to be bothered again.

No comments: