Election activity started long before I woke up this morning. Lorries carrying party flags and posters and loud speakers were making its way round the neighbourhood, trying to attract people's attention. Those lorries remind me of the propaganda truck that I have to destroy in Red Alert 2. Except the one in the game used loudspeakers, while the real-life ones used loud hailers.
Late morning a bunch of people were seen gathering at a particular shop opposite my house, and I thought they were from the opposition because all of them were dressed in white tops and black bottoms, until I finally saw the main character, dressed in white from top to bottom, shaking people's hands as they walked by. The propaganda lorry slowed down and waved at each other when i drove past.
Finally in late afternoon I saw (and heard) the lorry from the opposition. Surprisingly the opposition had better loud hailers and I could hear their voice messages better. The one from the ruling party was very muffled.
Elections aside, yesterday I stayed back after school to watch the Drama Nite. The show wasn't too bad, the quality was still there, but the second play was rather profound and I could figure what the story was about. The actors, I guess being young and relatively inexperienced, were rather soft in their voices. The first play was splendid.
Backtracking to Wednesday it ws Feeling Fab where we could sign up for a variety of activities. I signed up for yoga the first time round, so this time I signed up for muay thai lol.
Actually it wasn't too bad; learnt some basic punches and kicks. But the session was too short to be deemed useful.
Next week will be an exciting week. Monday is a public holiday, Tuesday will be the Students' Council Investiture which will result in my chem test being postponed to the following week, and NAFPA test on friday. My class will be especially stressful thanks to our especially sporty civics tutor.
Or should I call him my discipline tutor instead?
From him:
To improve performance, you have to start by fortifying the mind:
1. Start each day with a declaration of intent: "I am going to enjoy this day".
2. You can run; many cannot and will not run. Some have never known what it is like to run. Make the most of it while you can.
3. You can train every day for at least one hour. There is no excuse not to.
4. Train with a goal in mind.
5. The method of achieving this goal must involve rehearsing the activity and aids to that activity.
6. Competition must not only include the specific event but other events which will test endurance and speed.
7. Exercise your will specifically by devoting time daily to the task you dislike most in training - or to a known weakness. Start small and progress.
A competition is a competition; if you have trained diligently and intelligently and done your best, you have succeeded. You are only a failure if you have not done these things.
- Frank Horwill
No comments:
Post a Comment