Thursday, March 02, 2006

WARNING: LONG POST!

Breaking out of the hiberation earlier than usual...cos tomorrow is a holiday!

Yesterday I had the chance to watch the seniors getting back their results. Same as last year, nothing special. First the powerpoint slides, then the top students went up on stage to shake hands, take a photo, then the rest get back from their CTs.
Those who went up on stage were those with 8 or 9 distinctions..I want to go up the stage and see and hear people applauding me leh, but I have no S paper or A1 for chinese.

So the only way is that I do something drastic.

Like topping Singapore for physics.

Somehow people's dress sense have improved alot since graduation from jc, or maybe just that I have only seen them in uniform. Most were very well-dressed, though there were some slippers around too.

Next year I will be doing the same thing too.

I mean getting back the results, not wearing slippers.

VJC did okay for the A levels....though preformance was a slight dip from last year. According to the principal last year's batch complained that the questions were "unusual". As in unusually difficult. That panicked her and she called the RJC principal, who reported the same thing happening too.

So she told us that since our batch is the last batch doing the old syllabus, we can expect "unusual" questions too.

Shit man.

After announcing the A levels' results to us the principal declared today a holiday.....for the year1s. Tomorrow will be holiday for them too..cos "vjc don't have so many computers for them to check their posting results".

For us the year2s, it was as usual, chem in the morning and fmaths and literature in the afternoon. For more than 7/8 of the year2 population today will be the last day of their common test. So the teachers say today take common test, so tomorrow holiday.

Therefore, tomorrow's tests (whom the remaining 1/8 will be taking) will be pushed to monday.

And those 7/8 of them do no need to come on monday (unless they are helping out with the cca walkabout for the year1s).

I belong to the remaining 1/8.

Not too bad also la, because this way I have time to prepare for NOI before chionging computing on sunday.

The only problem is that thanks to a friend who told me today may be a full day off, my mind totally slackened out and my soul was gone when i was studying chem. I know i shouldn't believe in rumours (i'm not blaming my friend either, before that i was already having this illusion), but then given my optimistic nature, i couldnt help but..haha.

And so, chemistry was a complete disaster. Probability of passing it is 0.

Not that i did fantastically well for my maths and physics.

I still remembered my CT saying that there will be no second chance. If i fail any subject again, I will have to drop one subject. So i know i will be facing him next week, with the merciless question of which one to drop (or which poly to go to).

However listen (or rather, read) carefully everyone: I am not giving up!

Hey I know myself best. I know I can handle four subjects, even the S papers if I was given the chance to. Its just that i slacked a little too much last year. This year on I have worked rather hard (my friends can vouch for that! Last week I was already chanting the reagents and conditions necessary to prepare the various organic compounds le leh!)

And according (ya again) to my dear principal the previous students council president got BOOO for his june common test (june leh!) , but managed to get AAAA for his A levels.

I believe I should be given the chance to fight back too right? I just need...more time.

And so I shall try to keep my 4 dear subjects, in a bid to stick to my 2006 new year resolution. I'm secretly (cant do that now) hoping I can bypass my CT and go straight to the HOD Econs, the teacher in charge of dropping subjects. She's better.

What right does the JC has to get students to drop subjects huh!?!?!?! HUH!??! (haha just kidding)

On the other hand if I can secure something good this saturday, maybe *maybe* I can use that as an excuse for my poor grades. *Maybe*

People in my class are dropping subjects...i'm the only one going against the stream.

Please support me when the time comes ok? Help me write a petition or something haha.

I always wonder why my mother doesn't like computers. When she saw me holding two algorithm books I've gotten from the library she got agitated and said I should be studying for my last paper. Instead of wasting my breath explaining it was for NOI (and furthur agitating her), i just told her it was for my computing paper.

No comments: