Being an iCOMP member has alot of advantages.
For example, going into a concert free while others pay $10 for it. Haha.
I volunteered for filming duty for this year's Musicfest..one reason is to go for an event where every other Victorian is dying to go before I graduate from the college, while the other reason is to see if Musicfest is really worth $10 per ticket (by going through the balloting) or $20 (by going through the underground black market).
Rotted in school from 11.35am till 5pm, after which I went for a very important meeting, before trooping off with friends to Parkway Parade for dinner. On the way back it started raining heavily when we were mere steps from the canteen, and ended up running for shelter.
Got into the PT after we assured the SCs that we would not sit on the seats. (This is perhaps the only bad thing about going in as part of iCOMP. I have to sit on the stairs.) Set up the camera and tripod, waited for the PT to fill up, waited for guest-of-honour Felicia Chin to arrive, waited for emcees to tell us that she will be late, before the performance started.
Musicfest was spilt into solo, vocal group, dance and band, with 3 person(or group) fighting out in each. I must say that Musicfest is indeed a highly impressive event, because it gathered the best singers into one single event, and the singers were really damn good la. Although there were slight mistakes, like going off-beat and some lack of coordination, the songs were all well sung.
No wonder people were rubbing ultraviolet stamps on their friends' (or so I heard) so as to try to get past the SCs during the intermission.
Interestingly, the black horses were the ones who caught the judges' eyes tonight, while those who received the most cheers did not win. A friend of mine in a duet did not win, although I thought they sang real well, while 2 of my classmates won in the band category. Their group was not bad; I think because the hot favourites Camels were abit too rock for comfort. At least to me.
As for filming, I stationed myself with two others at one side of the PT, raising the tripod to a level where we could film without standing up. So I settled myself comfortably by the side against the wall.
Free coca-colas were given out during intermission, which was a pleasant surprise. Haha.
So my conclusion? Overall Musicfest is one of the better performances out of the many that I see. It is definitely worth going for, even if one has to sit on the stairs. But I still think $10 for a ticket is way too much. Of course, $20 for one in the black market is outragous. So if I was not assigned the job tonight, I may not have gone for it.
Musicfest aside, the eve of April's Fool Day was seen as a major event for Victorians. Early in the morning the plasma screens directed students to gather at the koi pond or drink's stall for assembly, chairs and tables and dustbins were deliberately displaced in weird positions, senseless announcements were made during assembly, and even a Tamil pledge. Fake Musicfest tickets ( $100 free standing Musicfeast tickets) were given out, and booths set up at the canteen to trick people into buying underwear and lucky draws.
-.-''''''''
Today was also the launch of Artery. Basically they hung up some pictures in the concourse, and changed it into a art gallery of sorts. There were even performances to accompany this launch.
What a day. And tomorrow I am going to school for an interview. An important one. And I'm scared.
I'm tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment