Sunday, February 26, 2006

Today i went to the barber to have my haircut.

While waiting for my turn an old man carrying a black handheld bag came in. He settled down in a corner, quite near to me. After sitting down for a while, the old man left the barber, leaving the black bag on the floor.

The black bag immediately caught my attention. You know, since 9/11, and subsequently the bombings in trains and buses and pubs and god-knows-what-other-places, people around the world have been very sensitive over black-coloured bags.

No i'm not over sensitive, but i just couldnt help but stare at the bag, with images of ka-boom replaying in my mind, at the same time wondering if something explosive is going to happen soon.

Cannot blame me mah, but then i was sitting only about half-a-metre away from the bag. If it really explodes, I am sure to be the first to die.

Imagine, my body being ripped off into bits and pieces, scattered all over the place, some of them still burning, others charred to beyond recognition.

A seventeen-soon-to-be-eighteen-year-old-boy died, so many things still undone. Haven't got his 4 As, havent got his NOI medal (maybe gold leh! maybe top 4 then can rep singapore leh! maybe can get scholarship maybe can go overseas study maybe can work in some research institution maybe can invent some mind blowing thing maybe can become world famous leh!!!), haven't earn my first million (maybe i start a company then become famous and earn alot of money leh!), haven't dated a girl, haven't buy a car, haven't buy a new computer etc etc etc etc etc.

To say the truth, I did thought of running out of the barber shop. Haha.

Luckily, I was able to balance reality and imagination. Eventually I got my hair cut.

And for the security people who may have been alarmed by my imagination, halfway through the haircut the old man came back.

(As i'm typing this, suddenly i thought: what if the bomb goes off while my hair is being cut? I will die with a horrible hair-style!)

Before I end this entry I shall declare the start of the hibernation of my blog, which shall last for a week. Good luck to all in anything and everything they will be facing this coming week.

No comments: