Given that the next six months or so is an important phase of my life, I should have written an entry to mark the start of the phase. But as close friends know, I'm quite a procrastinator, so up till the last day I was still frantically packing my luggage and buying things that I have left out, hence no time for one. And then over the past few days in Seoul I have been running around all day; by nighttime I would be too tired to blog properly.
And so I have begun my longest overseas trip ever, clocking a total of 138 days [thanks to MINDEF's Overseas Notification System for working that out] assuming I fly home immediately after my semester ends, eclipsing my previous longest of 49 days in Australia. There are a couple of firsts on this trip as well, like my first time flying solo, first time visiting Korea and USA, first time studying abroad etc. I'm not sure if I am totally prepared of it, but I think I need the experience.
As usual, in the blink of an eye, a new year beckons. Last year, I wished for myself and everyone around me to be happy, and to see more of Singapore. One year on, I still am not sure if I am happy. I think as long as some things do not come to a closure, happiness will continue to elude me. *shrugs*
As for my second wish, I did made some attempts at doing so. Starting with Chinatown in February, I went on to visit Changi Chapel Museum [although it was part of an assignment rather than fulfilling my own wish], followed by a train trip to KL and back before our [or rather, Malaysia's] Tanjong Pagar Railway Station closed down for good, Bukit Brown Cemetery, Bukit Timah Railway Station, and St John's Island and Kusu Island.
I don't think I have accomplished what I had set out to do, because I did not go to some places which I had in mind, like the Zoo and Birdpark which I have not visited in more than an decade, various museums around Singapore, the Southern Ridges, and the new Punggol Waterway. Well I guess at least I have done something, better then having not done anything at all.
This new year, I wish that happiness will, in some way, find me soon. Also I hope that I will make the most out of my Student Exchange Programme, and return home a better man.
I might have more wishes, but I am too tired to think right now. Maybe I will add on when I have more time ;)
Happy new year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment