Wednesday, March 18, 2009

reduced intelligence

In an attempt to find out why VJC did not win anything in this year's National Olympiad in Informatics, I went to try out the problem set myself.

This year's problem set had been reduced to four, instead of six in previous years. Therefore, instead of giving progressively difficult questions, this time out of the four, only the first was a giveaway. The second problem was a story so long I could not understand; the third was a simplified Traveling Salesman Problem which I tried but had quite forgotten how to code it out :/ The last problem was on ciphers which I had no idea how to solve.

Two years of National Service had had its effect on me; I have become more stupid now. Although I should say I did not have a good knowledge on the various algorithms in the first place. Haix.

The rain is coming! I love rain!

No comments: