Caught a repeat of 焦点, and those were the 三座大山 that many people in China are facing now. Quite an apt description, not just to the Chinese but to everyone too. I remember there was a dumb Channel 8 television drama which I watched in the past, and the character in the drama was saying in Singapore, its better to die than fall sick.
The show talked about millions of graduates in China who could not find jobs. And today's news mentioned tens of thousands of graduates in Singapore who are jobless.
And there were the Singaporeans who put their aged parents in nursing homes in Johor and even Malacca because the nursing homes in Singapore were too expensive to afford.
I loved the watch! Thanks to all yet again. Must have cost quite abit, felt bad that you all are spending money on me. Have not worn a watch for a long time, and still not used to an analog watch. A little too formal. Hehe.
The best birthday wish I had came from my very good friend in primary school. Although since primary school we had both moved on with our respective lives and seldom talk to each other anymore, even on MSN, the birthday wishes to each other still carried on year after year without fail. To 15 years of friendship!
My house is now bright again! Some time back my father decided the original round fluorescent light tubes were too expensive, so switched to the really small type that one normally uses for toilets, and it made the entire living room looked really dark.
I guess my mother complained about it, so now its back to the round light tubes again, but with a smaller radius, most probably cheaper as well. Nevertheless the living room looks like a living room again.
When I was much younger, and when the family was warmer then, the living room was always lit with both lights at night, and I really loved the very bright living room. Now, in the name of saving electricity and the cost of replacing the light tubes, only one light is on at night, and sometimes when I come home at 7.30pm the living room will still be in pitch black. I don't like dark living rooms.
Then again, even if the lights are still there, the noises aren't anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment