Saturday, August 25, 2007

I came home today to read a sad news about a young 16-year-old student who got killed in an traffic accident.

Its a waste, everyone says. A school runner whose family has already planned for an holiday two days after his 'O'-Levels ends. Died before he could say his last words. Well, at least a consolation is that many people are crying for him.

I wonder what will happen if I were to die someday somehow all of a sudden too. So far all I know is that my good friend will be happy that I have died. In a way it makes sense.

I spent this entire week at the NDP floating platform, helping out with the Bay Run which will be held on Sunday. Besides fellow humans the saikang warriors there had another species of animals for company: 3 kittens and their mother.

The tiny blue-eyed kittens are very, very, VERY, cute. No kidding.

Unfortunately when we returned today the number of kittens was reduced to two, and we had no idea where the last one went. Hope its still alive though. The siblings seemed oblivious to the absence of one of its members, still happily playing with us and among themselves. They took our boots as objects for them to sharpen their claws and teeth.

The mother, while looking tired the entire day, was still able to eat a packet of rice given to her. She gave off low meows whenever she saw us, and I wondered if she was asking for more food or if she was pleading us to look for her child.

Then again the entire family looked pretty relaxed. Literally 吃饱睡,睡饱吃。When it rained they just hid in the shelter, and continued sleeping. What good lives they lead.

No comments: