The broadband war is getting more and more exciting it seems.
The freebies are getting bigger and bigger, from the initial discounts in subscriptions, to iPods and free speed upgrades, and now, desktops, laptops and xbox 360s!
I won't be surprised if they start giving out mansions and cars next time.
More companies are also joining in for a share of the pie, with one company offering wireless broadband and another company on the verge of doing so.
The fight continues on behind the scenes under the table. Both Starhub and Singnet are having their individual separate promotions with the taxi drivers. Haha.
Then today there is the surprising news that the free wireless nationwide Internet service will be launched one month ahead of schedule. Excited, I went to comb for information, and was disappointed when I see that the coverage in Tampines is only restricted to the central area. I have one lucky friend who lives right inside the area, and at least three living on the borders of it.
Of course, free 512Kbps doesn't sound great, but 10bucks a month for 1Mbps is.
No comments:
Post a Comment