Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to my blog,
happy birthday to you!
Its my blog's three-year-old birthday!
Three years ago today [albeit another 13 hours later], I started this blog after seeing some of my friends having theirs. Setting up this blog was initially for the fun for it, just to get an idea of how it works, what's the big deal about it, and to a smaller extent, just to find something to do over that particular holiday season. I seriously had no idea I had so many things to say, so much so that it is still publishing my crap three years later.
I started off simply by typing out whatever that comes into my mind, no proper sentence structure, no standard English, no nothing. Also, my blog entries are [almost] such that they are meant for my eyes only (i.e, I assume no one is reading).
Over the years, however, I begin to acknowledge that there are readers out there, so now I try to roughly plan what and how to type. More importantly, I try to ensure that my readers have a easier time reading my crap, so I paragraphed my entries as well. And of course, ditch that colourful AHS background which makes words difficult to read, for a simple white background with huge fonts. Haha.
Unfortunately, my English has not improved much, but I digress.
There are times when I question myself the purpose of maintaining this, because simply I see no need to do so. I ask a friend, only to get a scolding in return that I am a "selfish boy". I thought to myself, yes I want to see my friends blog, so I know that they are still alive and well, so maybe others may think the same way too.
Anyway now I blog for the kick of typing. Haha. And maybe to a smaller extent, entertain.
The people who come to my blog surprises me sometimes. People I never think will ever come here actually do. Even mothers read my blog!
I have shared many of my 酸 甜 苦 辣 here. Happy things like me getting broadband, getting new handphone, receiving well wishes for my birthday, [and soon, getting new computer =D] etc, sad things about me getting disappointing grades, not achieving anything, my frustrations, my anger, my thoughts, my wishes, my hopes, all [almost] neatly and thoroughly (sort of) recorded here.
Then again, the very fact that I have readers make it difficult for me to voice some of my thoughts, although through this I learn to be more careful with what I say, here and in real-life. I try to.
I have to agree with the editor in Digital Life, that no matter how private one wants his blog to be, the root purpose of blogging is actually to get oneself noticed. I do not deny that. Haha. Given that I am an introvert by nature, blogging seems the perfect way for me to interact with others.
The editor mentioned that teens think blogs reflect their personalities, so they spend alot of time dressing up their blogs. Then I see my blog so plain, oh no what am I?! Haha.
I gave a blog new clothing last year. This year I have no idea what to do.
Lastly I want to thank all my readers for their support! Even though no one seems to respond haha. But they are a major source of motivation for me to keep on blogging. May this blog live on!
[I welcome readers, but I don't welcome attention.]
Now that I have finished this entry, I realise that I may the only person who bothers to celebrate blog birthdays. I seem to like to exaggerate things.
No comments:
Post a Comment