Sunday, April 01, 2012

Spring Break Day 1: Touchdown in Orlando

I was undecided whether I should blog about Atlanta first, because it was a short weekend trip but occurred one week after Spring Break, or blog about the long and awesome Spring Break first but dragging Atlanta too far back. But I guess I shall just blog chronologically.

Spring Break was from 2nd March to 11th March, and for exchange students like me, it meant one entire week of travelling out somewhere. Before exchange when I was still in Singapore, I had an idea to visit the Grand Canyon, which I thought was a place not to be missed. As my friends started discussing Spring Break plans, the idea of going to Florida to visit its theme parks came up, and before we knew it, we were on the flight to Orlando.

Pre-flight plans. Good thing about going theme parks: Less headache over planning.
It was an early Friday morning flight out of Raleigh-Durham International Airport, landing at Atlanta where we switched to another flight, finally reaching Orlando International Airport in the afternoon. Hopped on to a Lynx bus which brought us to our hotel along Universal Boulevard.

Orlando International Airport.
View outside the hotel.
The rest of Day 1 was uneventful, which involved mainly settling down at the hotel, taking a rest, and going to Premium Outlets at night. The prices there weren't impressive enough compared to the Tanger Outlets I went in January; probably because it is frequented mainly by tourists.

No comments: