Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring Break Day 6: Disney's Magic Kingdom

After two days of visiting Universal's theme parks, we are back at Disney. On this day the destination was Disney's flagship theme park, the Magic Kingdom.

Unlike the Animal Kingdom and the Hollywood Studios where they are only reachable by bus, there are two ways to reach the Magic Kingdom - ferry or monorail.

We took the ferry there.
The ferry.
Arrival at the park! Kinda similar to Hong Kong's Disneyland.
Just in time to see some street performance...
...and more street performances!
The Tomorrowland Speedway. It was actually not that fun; the need to cater to kids meant they put limits on speeds.
Steam powered train that took us around the park.
As night arrived, everyone was waiting at the 'Main Street' waiting for the finale.
A fireworks cum lightshow!
It was very spectacular.
For the return trip, we took the monorail.
Before heading back to our hotel, we dropped by Downtown Disney, which was full of food and music.
As I left the Magic Kingdom, staff lined up near the exits to bade farewell to the park goers. It was at that moment where I had a 莫名的感动. It was the perfect place to bring kids to; for them to have fun, for them to live within the cartoons they grew up watching, for them to have good memories of. I never had the luxury of my parents bringing me to a theme park before, heck I didn't even grow up watching Disney cartoons, but I guess it wasn't too late to get immersed in one now. Among all the parks, this one was definitely the one that stirred the most emotions in me. Finally I could see why some reviews suggest putting the Magic Kingdom as the last park to visit.

No comments: