As usual I didn't really want to celebrate my birthday, but during the road trip to Richmond they asked me for it, and they kind of remembered it till today. Didn't help when another friend's birthday is one day after mine. Well at least it was a small celebration in the community kitchen and not in the dining hall in full view of everyone having dinner there.
Wow I realize I can now put photos that I have taken from my phone here in one simple click! Nice Android + Google+ + Blogger + Picasa integration!
This marked the first time I ever celebrated my birthday overseas. Had intended for it to be a normal day like all other days, but instead it ended with a little 'cake' in the form of Haggen Dazs ice cream and in the company of mostly newly made friends. I appreciate the gesture, although I maintain that the money can be better spent elsewhere :)
Anyway last week was Spring Break, and I had a great time at Florida, spending six days in Orlando and the theme parks there, and three days in Miami. The original plan was to spend only one day in Miami, and then take Saturday's train back to Chapel Hill, but we missed the train, and the next available train was on Monday, so we spent an additional two days there, becoming what my friend described as 'impromptu backpackers'.
Immediately after I came back, there was mid term review for Art, and two other midterms. I thought I will be able to take a proper rest this coming weekend after all the Spring Break fun and the midterm rush, but it turns out we will be going to Atlanta tomorrow. Haha.
Blog entries and photos of Spring Break will come slowly after this week; it will probably take quite some time to do so. That is on top of more homework, trying for GSoC 2012, starting to get myself in shape and prepare for IPPT, and making end-of-semester travel plans.
Too many things to do, too little time :/
No comments:
Post a Comment