
-.-|||
I don't blame them actually; I myself still feel more attached to AHS than VJC, what's more VS has some hundred and (sorry how many?) years of history, so its understandable that they are not happy about VJC becoming a direct 'competitor' to VS. It does feels weird when the day comes where VJC faces VS in some competition, and both schools sport similar school logos and anthems.
I think the close relationship between VS and VJC contributes to the overwhelming school spirit that VJC has come to be famous for, among other things. However it is the same affiliation, coupled with VS being a boys' school, that is limiting VJC's ability to provide a good through-train programme that can compete with those offered by the top schools. I thought a good solution is for VJC to set up a secondary school section for girls, while VS provides the guys for VJC's six-year programme, but I have no idea why they will not implement it.
Interesting how schools today operate more like commercial companies that have to constantly come up with ideas to attract 'customers', even if they meant stripping all their past heritages and traditions.
Maybe all these will not be happening if the founders of Victoria had set up a girls' school a hundred years back haha, but whatever it is, no Marine Parade Junior College please. I like the name Victoria.
No comments:
Post a Comment