First day in school went quite well for me; GEK1506 lecturer was interesting, though I think we have to form groups soon and the only friend I know already has enough friends to form their own group. Haix.
Ran into many familiar faces during my entire duration in school from Science to Computing to Central Library to home.
1) Orientation mate at Science canteen.
2) This guy whom I think had crossed paths with me many times back in National Service whenever his team was attached to my unit.
3) Senior at Computing.
4) JC friend, although this was a pre-arranged meeting rather than a coincidence.
5) National Service friend A at Computing.
6) National Service friend B first at Central Forum, then at Central Library.
7) National Service friend C at Central Library.
8) National Service friend D at Central Library.
9) JC friend at Clementi MRT Station.
Lol.
Today was also the day technology went wrong for me.
The first incident occurred when my school account was rejected when I tried to log to the school's unsecured wireless network, while two friends tried theirs and worked. I approached the School's technical service, where the personnel tried to smoke by saying that I was rejected because the IP addresses available had all been leased out!
She guided me to configure my laptop to log on to the secured network instead, which worked [which was what I ultimately wanted to do as well], but it did not solve my problem of me being rejected on the unsecured network!
Finally I made a guess that it might be because my password was too...secured haha; I thought my password combination of letters, numbers and symbols was an overkill, so I changed my password to a more ordinary one, which worked! Well I don't know if the problem really lies with the password, because it doesn't make any sense, but at least its solved now and it doesn't bug me anymore. Haha.
The second incident occurred when my ATM card was repeatedly rejected by Transitlink's Add Value Machine, without any reasons given. When it finally worked later, I came to the conclusion that the previous attempts failed because my ATM card was bent. Haha.
Its lessons again tomorrow; being still rather new to the environment I still feel quite lost; hope I can get used soon.
While googling the word 'coincidence' just to make sure I had spelled it correctly :p I came across this interesting article: 20 Most Amazing Coincidences. Very unbelievable in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment