Friday, March 07, 2008

F*

Good weather this week, but not in a good health to enjoy it.

After sneezing and coughing for almost two weeks I came down with a slight fever on Wednesday. Seeing the medical officer was a very troublesome process, and given the number of ridiculous rules coming up in the past two weeks, I reckon I may even be punished for falling sick. So in the end I survived on eleven-month-old Panadols, loads of water, more Panadols from my friends, and very cold water during my night baths.

Was lucky enough to skip Wednesday's physical training because I had work to do, and Thursday was Games Day instead of S0C. By today I was well enough to participate in today's training, though weakened, perhaps by the medication.

I was considerably cheered up today, thanks to my friends. I was asked to stay back to wait for a meeting to finish, and my friends waited together with me for two whole hours even though they could spend their time better elsewhere. Really apprectiate that.

Conversion of my unit life back to recruit days is almost complete, now that they have implemented a chin up regime. Forty eight every day, or two sets of eight each 5BX, lunch and dinner. The only thing they have not implemented yet is marching to the cookhouse.

So you attended a talk where the big boss asked for feedback, which in the end backfired on you after a whole new set of ridiculous rules came up, all in the name of discipline. Then now there is another talk by the small boss to tell you to decide carefully what you want to feedback, because it may backfire on you. Then at the end you are asked for feedback again. Will you still say anything?

The coming two weeks will see a change in usual routine as there are major events coming up, although its at these major events where punishments will be given out like free gifts. Like how a friend describes, "in packets of three".

If where I am now is a reflection of society, then I can be quite sure society is a f* up place.

No comments: