Friday, May 05, 2006

It feels weird when the entire PE department knows that my class has a civics tutor who is the cross country teacher-in-charge and himself a champion runner for the past 9-10 years, and then all the teachers expect us to run as fast as him.

Pressuried? Stressed? Special? I dunno.

My class's PE is on the first two periods on Friday, and we happen to be the only Year2 class among the bunch of kids.

The rule:
Year1 guys: five items today, 2.4km run next week,
Year1 girls: 2.4km run today, five items next week,
Year2 girls: 2.4km run today, five items next week,
Year2 guys: all six items today.

So only 12 males ran six rounds on the track today, under a light drizzle and the eyes of the legendary civics tutor.

This. Is. The. Toughest. Run. I. Ever. Had. To. Endure.

My lungs were tearing apart by the fourth round, and I seriously wanted to walk. But I couldn't, and didn't want to, because I know I would get into trouble if I did. Yet I can't slow down, because more trouble will come if my timing is bad.

I was moltivated enough to run as fast as my lungs could take it, but the timing is nothing to shout about.

The highlight of the run was the horizontally-challenged guy in my class, who had the "honour" to train under, who else, but our CT, in college and at Turf City. He did a very impressive run today, improving by one minute and for the first time, not occupying the last position.

And I realised I got E for sit-and-reach. Which means I have to retake everything again. Congrats to me.

Argh. I need to exercise more.

No comments: