FORMULA ONE
For now I shall just treat this blog as a partition out from my mind which I dump some of my thoughts so that my mind can be freed up for other stuff.
Like, studies.
I was following the live timing for today's Formula One's race, Monte Carlo in Monaco. This race is especially exciting because its a very tight road being converted to a race circuit, making overtaking extremely difficult.
Michael Schumacher initially qualified for the pole position, but was kicked to the back of the grid, because of a cheat he committed.
I was happy to see him start last, because it meant that Kimi Raikkonen would move forward to third.
As I watched the numbers jumped on my screen, I was so delighted when I saw Kimi overtook second position Webber, then threatened Alonso in the lead with an average 0.5 seconds behind, with several best lap timings and sector timings. I was so confident he could overtake Alonso and be champion today.
Until Kimi's car caught fire at lap 51.
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watching him did an fantastic race before retiring when there's only a third to the end is really very disppointing, not just to him, but also to me.
The fact that the guy at the last ended the race in sixth position does not help matters.
Perhaps a little consolation is that Montoya came in second, which helps McLaren Mercedes get some much-needed points. Still, I'm a little worried for Kimi because he has not been performing well this season, while his competitors are doing very well.
Well, the only reason why I support Kimi is because he is the number one driver in McLaren Mercedes, which is just about the only Mercedes car I like in the entire fleet. And the only reason why I support McLaren Mercedes is because its black-and-grey paint looks cool to me. Haha. Somehow I just don't feel comfortable with red-coloured cars dominating almost every race.
Then there is the shocking news that Kimi may be moving over to Ferrari next season. If he really moves over, should I still support him? Never will I support that red coloured company!
Singapore should have an F1 circuit. A tight street circuit will be best man!
Strange the World Cup is coming and I'm yakking about Formula One instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment