Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm blogging here in the morning because you cannot expect me to hit the books after waking up just an hour ago. Haha.

So its the new year! Not a good year for me, because will be taking my A levels this year. Of course before A levels can come i have to pass the so many other tests and obstacles, with the 2 R papers coming up real soon.

I realised I got worried over my CT's comments for nothing, because I am already promoted. So if I fail my R papers, chances are I only drop one subject.

Err..right?

To welcome the new year I went to cut my hair, firstly to avoid trouble with the school when the new year just started, and secondly, cut away all the bad things I had in 2005, so i start the new year with a fresh me!

Last night as usual, everyone disappeared from the net, leaving me alone and cold.... So welcomed my new year together with yes933, the TV which telecast the Mount Faber celebrations live for 20 minutes, and my organic chem notes.

And of course, I carried out the most important tradition of all: change the calender!
Removed my Tampines Town Council 2005 calender from my desk, and replaced it with the Tampines Town Council 2006 calender. Haha.

Reflecting on 2005, it has been a hectic year for me..the culture difference between AHS and VJC has greatly impacted me. I didnt write a resolution for last year...but some of the things I have done would be.....

1) Broadband!!!!! (Finally got it after 2186986320462034671 years..can surf net 24/7 now without worrying about bills)
2) O Level results! (my best results throughout my 4 years in AHS haha)
3) Getting into VJC (got into a really good and fun JC, but at the expense of my friends...is this a good thing?)
4) Competitive programming (it started as another co-curricular activity, but since I cant get S papers now, this has become ever important to me)
5) 4th in micromouse! (I was much happier this time...because it was my own effort, though i was damn sad of the drop from 2nd to 4th T.T )
6) My midyr and promos results (nothing to say...i'm now "enjoying the fruit of my labour")
7) Linux!

As my CT said in his email to us last night: let's not brood over what could have been done and look forward to what we would be doing. 2006 promises to be hectic but nonetheless exciting.

So..my new year resolution! Well my resolution is simple, i don't wish for much things =p :

1) Get 4 As! (This actually also means keeping my 4 subjects =X)
2) NOI gold! (Abit far-fetched..but..)
3) Complete my senior's micromouse diagonal movement C program! (This will end in May haha)
4) Keep myself fit! (So I won't have to suffer in NS T.T)
5) Be more optimistic! (As i have sweared in my holistic report)
6) A new computer! (Wtf i have been wanting one since 2186986320462034671 years ago!)
7) To go out with my gay friends more often! (missed so many outings with them......)
8) To celebrate Chirstmas 2006 and New Year 2007 countdown somewhere outside! (I don't want to be left out anymore!)
9) World a better place! (Copied from G**'s blog haha)
10) Contribute something to society! (Not sure how yet..maybe CIP ba)

New Year Day is just another day. Its all the hope, wishes, anticipation and resolutions that we place into the next 365 days that makes New Year Day a different one. It serves as a form of moltivation to get us going; to start fresh and anew; to be optimistic.

As i end my entry here, I hope that everyone who comes across this blog will have a fruitful and smooth year ahead, enjoy yourselves and look forward to a better tomorrow.
Once again, happy 2006.

No comments: