Friday, July 04, 2008

anniversary

Celebrated my unit's anniversary today at the Grand Cathay, which I thought was quite a good way to end my off with.

Speech, cut birthday cake, redeem our coke and popcorn, then Hancock.

I'm quite happy they decided on a simple movie instead of some elaborate activity which might just involves us pasting white tape on the floor or packing hundreds of water bombs. Past experiences included a supposedly half-a-day "amazing race" which became a one day navigation exercise. I was, fortunately, absent from it.

Spent the rest of the day gaming away with friends at a LAN centre, something I have not done for quite a long time and really enjoyed. As I [still] firmly believe, games are best played against friends, not some dumb artificial intelligence.

Two more days before I return to normal unit life. Although the stint was a waste of my life it also meant booking out and seeing the outside world every two days, no guard duties and no saikang for one full month, and OTOT eat lunch and dinner in singlet, shorts and slippers haha. Normal unit life means a return of all that I dread, but finally some personal time to do what I need to do.

***

Link

Strictly only for geeks.

No comments: