Saturday, July 19, 2008

6km + 6km + 6km

That was just about the main highlight of the week as training for the run that we are not going for continued.

Friday guard duties were thrown to us at the last minute, and I decided to switch my duty on the 29th with someone who could not do it yesterday, simply because there were five other friends joining me yesterday; if I were to do my 29th duty I would be doing it alone. Besides it doesn't seem to make a difference that I spend another night away in camp.

The biggest boss to rule us all is changing, and a change-of-command parade is upcoming soon. Part of this one big wayang show is to have our vehicles participate in the parade as well, so for the past few days we had to clean the interiors of the various vehicles which were choked full of sand, mud, oil and rubbish from previous exercises. Unlike the exteriors we could not simply turn on a tap and spray water into them; we had to use sponges no bigger than a hard disk [No i'm not that geeky. Its just that a hard disk happens to be lying in front of me now to do the comparison haha] and wipe them off inch by inch.

Came home this morning to be greeted with a blank screen when my Vista refused to boot up. Fixed it by plugging out the hard disk cable and plugging in again, but hell what went wrong I have no idea. Hopefully this thing doesn't crash fatally on me.

Received a red-and-black shoebag for my unit's 38th anniversary, which I thought was more suitable for use during Chinese New Year because of the overwhelming red. I should count my lucky stars its the 38th and not the 35th or worse the 40th, or definitely there would be more shit than just a shoebag and watching Hancock. You know how this world loves multiples of five.

Had lunch with a smart geek, a super smart geek, and a super smart half geek, in one of our annual meetups as the super smart geek returned to Singapore for his summer vacation. Just like the days of VJC where we would had lunch at Parkway Parade every Saturday after our programming, our conversations still never deviated too far away from computers hahaha.

Money is the root of all evil, as everyone says. One may be a kind person who sets up charities to help the less previlged, but when one sees the huge amounts of money flowing in one still can't help but falls for the temptation.

Went down to National Library's old book sale at Expo. Bought four rather random books in two days; either I couldn't find the books I wanted or the entire area was so messy I missed them out. Good thing was both days I went in the evening, so they were selling the books at two for the price of one.

This year's E3 just concluded, and one game that has caught my attention is Tom Clancy's EndWar. So far it looks good, so together with World in Conflict: Soviet Assault and Red Alert 3 [which actually looks a little disappointing, but oh well.], coming few months got games to play lor!

Upcoming next week, 8km runs on alternate days, getting my systems up and running, and woohoo a National Education trip!

One of the many kopi-tiams opposite my house just finished its renovation; I don't know whether its still the same shop and I never noticed its name in the past, or its a new one, the shop name reads:

Jurong Cafe @ Tampines.

No comments: