Wednesday, April 30, 2008

please do not waste your time here

I still remembered way back before I enlisted my friends were telling me how xiong route marches were, and I could not understand how difficult can walking get, until I experienced it myself.

Since 'graduating' from Tekong I have not done any route marches, until yesterday. The distance covered was supposed to be just a third of the final one I did at Tekong, which was furthur reduced to a quarter because of bad weather, but having not walked for so long my legs were giving way by the time I completed it, with two blisters appearing at the 'usual places' of my feet.

Also I underestimated the weight of the signal set. It turned out to be as heavy as the fieldpack I carried back in BMT.

Tomorrow is Labour Day [Happy Day to everyone!], and because I couldn't get an off on Friday I have to book in tomorrow night, which is less than twenty four hours from now.

Still Friday will not be a easy day. Different events of various magnitudes are coming up next month; there's quite a number of things to do.

May I go in peace.

No comments: