POP loh!
Tuesday and Wednesday were perhaps the most enjoyable days of my entire BMT. Tuesday night was one rare night of total havoc. While waiting for the tonners to come and fetch us back to Rocky Hill the recruits splashed water at the commanders. The commanders took revenge by making us fall in and knock it down, then made us all wet too. Then there was the push ups and jumping jacks which everyone for once enjoyed doing.
But perhaps the single most memorable thing that night was cheering as a company of 400 men: 200 lao jiaos at coy line, another 200 from the new mild obese batch, something which the neighbouring Hawk Coy could only envy. The roar produced was magificant.
After a final exchange of well wishes between the two batches we went back at Rocky Hill. Back in our own coy line we were given a lights out timing of 2359, and a last minute decision to order pizzas resulted in a party till late at night.
POP itself was just waitng and more waiting.
And now I'm a private. What's next for me? A good 11-day rest before I report to my new unit next next Monday. I don't know where I will be posted to; for now I just sit back and enjoy my block leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment