Saturday, August 19, 2006

Prelims venues are out.
Notes are neatly categorised and filed.
Tutorials are almost done.
No more new topics.
Half empty lecture theatres. (Because of the point above)
Students hugging very, very thick files. (Because of the second point)
Revision notes and past year examinations papers filled up the space in my file left behind by the old tutorials.
"Excuse me, I have to lock the classrooms now."
"Students who wish to order dinner, please come over to the General Office now."

The signs have surfaced. The warcry has sounded. The second most important examinations is arriving. Very soon. After almost 18 years, I am finally on the last lap of my race. I will be going through one of the most stressful, worrying, and to some extent, frightening, times, because my disappointing performance over the past 1 year 8 months means that I have alot more to catch up than my fellow friends.

It seems like I have always aimed at the bull's eye, but missed because I did not put in any effort. Maybe I lack the motivation to put in any. Now I'm back again aiming at the centre, I'm putting in more effort, though I'm not sure if it is motivation, or simply because everyone else can hit the centre, and I don't want to lose my face.

Fighting for Face. How pathetic.

Maybe I should find a better reason to deceive convince myself. Like, bringing glory to my family.

Yucks.

Whatever the reason is, I have to study now. Study like there's no tomorrow. Study like I need it more than my rice and water. Study like there's no day and night. Study like I will be dragged to some deserted place and get shot if someone catches me without any notes. Everything else have to wait. Whether is it National Service, scholarships, healthy lifestyle, love, overfishing, terrorism, or number of planets we have in our solar system.

I'm scared. Scared of losing the momentum. Scared of missing the bull's eye again (while everyone else hits it). Scared of seeing the disappointed look on my mother's face. Scared of being mocked at by others. But I have to go on.

Let's hope the good ones will remain in top form, and the not-so-good ones will catch up to be in the league as well.

Good luck to everyone.

No comments: