Today is the first anniversary of the Asian Tsunami. Though one year has passed, images of how the violent tidal waves took the tens of thousands of innocent lives are still fresh in my mind, and the news reports of the memorials in the various countries just refreshed all of them.
It is a very sad thing to happen...humans seem so vulnerable and helpless when faced with natural giants. We should really count our blessings that a big piece of land protected us from the disaster and the people living there sacrificed their lives instead of us. Otherwise I think I may not be studying in the college I am in today.
It is even worse to realise that we need natural disasters to remind us people, across different countries and boundaries, of the need to unite and extend our help towards one another whenever possible. Somehow we seem to take peace for granted, and get ourselves obsessed with power and money.
Shall end this with a quote my friend wrote in her blog last year (I forgot who she is; quoted her in my blog last year): Mother nature has shown us humans tt we are not the ultimate rulers of this planet. The lady's still in charge.
No comments:
Post a Comment