Sunday, December 04, 2005

30 hours without broadband

Hmm blogging on a Linux now..haha..come to that later.

Well yup i went 30 hours without broadband. It started yesterday morning when the modem could not connect up to the Internet. It did not work despite efforts by me and my brother.

So..decided to wait for my father to come home first before deciding what to do. Meanwhile, i put my time to err..better use by installing Fedora Core 3 on my comp.

Called Starhub at midnight...but their technicians were busy...finally called back today afternoon and fixed the thing quickly.

Apparently we were new subscribers and they had missed out some settings I supposed...

Now I'm typing out this blog entry on a Linux. Linux is actually rather sluggish on my comp...I guess is because I installed quite alot of stuff. Haha.
Using Linux now is like learning how to use a computer all over again.
While Linux and Windows are similar on the whole, there are still striking differences, eg. a whole new lot of extensions!

So far so good....although Firefox is still not very good at displaying websites, and its Gaim instant messenger gave me alot of error messages the moment I signed in. And I can't find the option for group chat.

But i like this Gaim messenger for 2 reasons:

1) It keeps all the conversations in one window, so I won't have 10 windows on my menu while talking to 10 friends.

2) It actually tells me that my friend closed the conversation window! So means I will know if you dao me. Heh heh.

But then again, my fedora core is one version behind...maybe I will look out for newer versions of these programs.

That's all for now..i go play around somemore.

No comments: