Tuesday, June 19, 2012

West Coast Tour Day 7 - Yosemite National Park

The last day of our tour saw us travelling out of San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, one of the most famous national parks in the United States.

And again, we were on the road early in the morning.
And we have reached!
The Bridalveil Fall, one of the most prominent waterfalls in Yosemite.
Just opposite is the El Capitan, a vertical rock formation made entirely out of granite.
Next stop: Yosemite Falls, the tallest waterfall in North America.
There are two parts to the fall, an Upper Falls and a Lower Falls.
The Lower Falls. It. Was. Breathtaking.[At that time I had not seen the Niagara Falls yet haha.]
Last stop for the day: Tunnel View, a viewpoint just outside  the Wawona Tunnel. From there we could see much of the Yosemite Valley.
Panorama shot of the Yosemite Valley. Not a great shot though.
The Wawona Tunnel. Its amusing that most people enter Yosemite from this tunnel, but we exited from it instead.
The end of our visit to Yosemite also marked the end of our West Coast Tour as we were brought back to Los Angeles.
I was glad that we made the West Coast trip in the end, even though we followed a tour group and there was much less flexibility in terms of where to go, how long to stay etc, given that the West Coast wasn't even on our agenda in the first place. I loved San Francisco and Yosemite especially, and they are places that I definitely want to visit again in future, especially Yosemite where I think will be a great place to hike and cycle.

No comments: