You know Dragon Boat Festival is here when you have to eat rice dumplings for breakfast and lunch! Not that I'm complaining though; they are actually quite nice.
I remember back when I was very young, my aunt used to make rice dumplings for selling, and she would 'recruit' my mother to help remove the non-糯米s from bags of 糯米, and I would help out too, because I found it fun then. Haha. At my aunt's house she would set up big pots outside her house along the corridor to steam the packed dumplings.
Now that my aunt is getting on in years she doesn't sell anything anymore, so our dumplings are all bought from outside, and Dragon Boat Festival becomes yet another normal day.
Kinda sad.
My 大伯公 and 地主公 has a new home! Still in the mood for makeovers, my mother decided that the current altar was old, so she bought a newer and smaller sized one. I like the new one. It has a glass top and the wood looks and feels good.
The only bad point is that because of the smaller size it cannot accommodate as many things as the old one.
With this, what's left now are new curtains, the moving away of the two bulky cupboards from the living room to either the rubbish chute or my father's room, the old fridge, 'new' furniture after my cousin sells off her house in August[they are still newer than those in my house now], and hopefully, my little project to set up a very mini sub standard home theater in my father's room. Hehe.
happy 端午节!
No comments:
Post a Comment