So, a person did something wrong. Then someone came along and fixed the wrong thing right again. And the person who did wrong now said that he helped this someone fixed the wrong thing right, and claimed credit for it.
And then, there was also this teen who got arrested after he whacked a door with a chair; reason why the owner of the door and the chair called the police was because she thought the chair could kill somebody.
You know, when I was much younger, I was always very excited whenever 9th August came. Now as I grow older, I'm not so sure anymore.
Lately I have been watching the 9pm drama on Channel 8, since the television and my computer are both in the living room. The theme revolves around our local education system, and watching it reminds me of my school days. I like the way they portray tuition as a commercial business. It makes me wonder whether there are still people out there who teaches because he wants to help, rather than because he wants to earn money.
I guess teaching a friend is considered helping, whereas teaching a stranger is considered tuition.
In one of the scenes in the drama, the mother refused to let her son join the school badminton team, preferring him to study so he could become the doctor or the lawyer she wanted him to be. She said she would rather her son blame her now for not letting him play, then blame her when he grows up for not achieving good results.
Well personally I am regretting not playing more during my school years. Haha. Somehow there aren't many memorable things I can recall of my school years now. I should have played more soccer, and I should not have appealed into triple science haha. I think I had missed out plenty of fun when I was in the converted library while everyone else were in the container classrooms, and later, when I was on the fourth floor and everyone else, the fifth.
Haha I have the cassette! I was very, very young then when my brother bought this set done by Jack Neo and his team. There were two cassettes, one on National Service, another on various Comedy Night characters. In the cassette tapes were plenty of songs with edited lyrics [like the one above], and alot of jokes and dialogs. Not sure whether they can still be played now haha.
Anyway for those unfamiliar:
CMPB: Central Manpower Base
ITD: Infantry Training Depot, last time's Tekong.
CSM: Company Sergeant Major, some high rank.
No.3: Office attire
No.4: Camouflage uniform.
SOC: Standard Obstacle Course
I didn't understand anything back then. Now I find them so funny. And true. Haha.
Attended a birthday party where I saw a huge close-knitted family. How nice to see a extended family where there's so much noise, so much laughter, so much warmth.
My extended family, on the other hand, was about how a cousin's wife called another cousin's children stupid, which ended up with demands for apologies and tea serving ceremonies, or fighting over the use of television, the use of maids, among others.
I think I have terrible handwriting. Capable of screwing up otherwise beautiful looking things. Ha.
Starting tomorrow my house will be having a mini makeover! Besides the kitchen windows which we changed years ago, the rest of the windows in the house are still the original ones from twenty years back. So they will all be changed to new ones. After that the entire house will also be given a new coat of paint, and some old stuff will be thrown away.
Reason my parents gave was that if we were to sell our house next time we will have to do some makeover anyway, so might as well do it now. Whatever.
In order to keep the dust and the paint out, we kept plenty of things into boxes, or covered them in newspapers. That will include my modem. Unless I'm not lazy to take it out of the box, I will be back three days later.
No comments:
Post a Comment