As mentioned before, we had more freedom this time round to explore different places, made even easier by the fact that there were Supply and Transport personnel under our Group who could easily get hold of vehicles.
Within the training area there was the Freshwater Bay:
A few days later I went there a second time...
Down the road not too far was Seahound:
No beach, rather a jetty-like platform.
Going out of the training area we went to the nearby coastal town of Yeppoon!
The wind was so strong, my camera flew!
Ok that was a dumb joke, but really the winds there were very strong...
...the trees by the coast had been shaped such that they remain in the same positions even when there is no wind.
The quiet little town beside the beach:
I kind of like Yeppoon; imagine living in a house that faces such a nice beach, waking up every morning to the breeze.
Last but not least, the different creatures I met along the way...
What are you staring at!?!
It was a gigantic turtle. Really huge in size.
Just like humans they cannot take heat, preferring to be under shade most of the time. If you disturb them, you will see them hopping from one shade to another.
For the record I didn't spot any.
I will have a concluding Part III soon! Wrapping up my entire Wallaby 2008 trip will be my R&R, and some other extras~
No comments:
Post a Comment