I first started using Starhub through a corporate plan from my father's company; at the end of the two year contract I extended another two years because I needed the desktop that came with it. Now that contract was up again, but given that I will gain no benefits for continuing the plan, cost now becomes the deciding factor instead. So much as I have enjoyed the [somewhat] huge 8mbps bandwidth, I have no choice but to downgrade to a 3Mbps from Singtel.
Testing on a Singapore server...
...and a US server...
The speeds are good for now, but with the hardware and the connections still being new and green, they have not quite settled down. My analog home line disrupted my Internet and the mio TV box initially, and halfway through an online game with some friends I got mysteriously disconnected and after many hours of troubleshooting to no avail, my desktop was mysteriously reconnected again after a restart.
One other thing that bugs me a little is the colour of the modem. After painskatingly building up a [somewhat] uniform colour of black, grey and silver for my computer equipment, now comes a modem that is so white it looks out of place! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment