Sunday, September 07, 2008

why chrome riot google oh hatred please why one week off

....have I never heard of the Imagine Cup before? Now that I have come to know of this, I am stuck in @#$%! NS and I cannot participate!

Under the Rules and Regulations one part says:
"You are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees at any time between January 1, 2008 and May 31, 2009."

@#$%!

I shall participate one day!

**********************************************************************************

I watched with utmost amusement the news on the coverage of our beloved Speakers' Corner. Today marks the day the rules are relaxed; demonstrations are now allowed at the Park and speakers can simply register online at NParks' website instead of stepping into the horrifying police station.

I find it amusing that in our lovely motherland where the laws are well known by many around the world to be ultra strict, the government has carved out a small piece of land and let us demonstrate.

There on the news the reporter at the scene tells the viewers that a small crowd is forming up to "观看示威", where in other countries 示威 means have to run liao. And a person labelled a 示威者 below his name is being interviewed by reporters. I can't help but laugh at the report.

Its a good thing after all; the government has now opened up more when it comes to free speeches. Of course hopefully the Speakers' Corner will remain as it is: a peaceful park.

**********************************************************************************

Super fast, super clean user interface, super easy to use, super cool! I love it!


Where's the title bar, the status bar and the menu?


Built-in task manager[not the one in Windows] which shows the memory and CPU usage by the various tabs and plugins.

"Stats for nerds", which opens a new window giving more detailed memory reports. Haha they sure know where to add in the humour!

**********************************************************************************

To achieve before the new year comes: cancel my Internet subscription.

**********************************************************************************

This month each platoon takes turn clearing a week of off and leave, and my platoon is allocated the past week.

Highlight for the week before the last was again acting as enemy for a second battalion full troop exercise; two days outfield where the first day was spent doing nothing besides sleeping in the training shed and getting bitten by unknown creatures.

For the past week Tuesday was Sentosa followed by a LAN session and Cyborg She, while Friday was company cohesion - paintball! Not too bad, but we had too little paintballs, and the field was too muddy to really enjoy the session. After that was yet another LAN session till night =S

The rest of the time was spent at home.

It has been a good rest; not seeing and wearing anything green for a week has freshen me up slightly. Unfortunately good times passed fast; tonight I will be booking in, and worse tomorrow is my COS duty, which I am still not very used to doing. Upcoming for the rest of the month, getting the new birds ready before I'm gone in October.

To those who are having 'tough luck' recently, hopefully they do not dwell on them too hard, for different people have different luck at different times. Some other good things may just come out from those missed opportunities.

In the past I used to have the same 'train of thoughts', but later I prefer not asking questions but simply do what I am supposed to do, firstly because if questions arise, I know that I have done my part and so, 对得起自己, 对得起大家. Secondly, I think getting the job done and making everyone happy is better than not getting the job done and everyone is unhappy with each other. Who gets the job done is rather secondary.

And to those who are still struggling in their work, the ends will justify the means! Especially in computing haha. Its very much like mathematics; the process of solving and working kills, but once everything starts appearing correctly, the sense of achievement and happiness is so great it cannot be described in mere words. Haha.

Hopefully I don't screw up my COS duty tomorrow.

No comments: